Floral dresses and tops are fun! But because they are already colorful, they aren’t always easy to accessorize. Here are some ideas…
1. Minimal: If the top has a very busy print, keep the accessories minimal. Choose only one accessory – a necklace, a pair of earrings or a bracelet.
2. Keep it simple: Once you decide on the accessory, keep it simple. Wear thin-line bracelets, hoop earrings or a simple chain or pearl necklace. These won’t clash with the print on the dress.
3. Necklaces: When wearing necklaces, try a thin necklace with a pendant that matches the most minimal color in your dress. For example, if the colors on the dress/top include a lot of blue, some cream and a little bit of pink, go for a pink pendant or necklace. Try gemstones instead of beads since they go better on thin chains.
4. Earrings: When wearing earrings, studs are your best bet. They don’t compete with the dress but will complete the look.
5. Bangles & Bracelets: If your sleeves are short or three-quarter, try a big rustic looking bangle in a color that contrasts with the dress’s main color. Don’t wear other accessories with the bangle. Let the bangle stand out with the dress.
As with all our posts on tips/ideas, these are only a few ideas intended to spark your creativity. It all depends on the kind of outfit, your body type and skin tone. Take the above ideas and modify them as you see fit.